DCSIMG

Switch on the cards

AFTER having their third round Image Printers Cup tie against Spartans cancelled twice because of the weather, Selkirk FC are taking steps to ensure the match gets played sooner rather than later.

A close eye is being kept on the Yarrow Park surface and the club have been in talks with the Edinburgh side regarding a switch of venue if required.

Vice-chairman Ross Anderson told The Wee Paper: “We are scheduled to play Spartans again this week, but it’s not looking very promising. A decision will be taken tonight and we will hopefully be able to play the match on the all-weather surface at Ainslie Park, either on Saturday or on Tuesday night.

“We really have to get this one played as we are now behind on our league games and if the forecast is to be believed then it will be well into January by the time we get a game.”

Manager Mike McKinnon is equally keen to get some game time: “The bad weather couldn’t have came at a worse time for us as we had started to turn our season around.”

Selkirk once again have Jason Inglis and Euan Pritchard out.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page